Ever since signing up with Veg Box People, I’ve found new and interesting ways of cooking. One of my go-to recipes for particularly lazy days is an oven baked frittata. No need to mess with pastry, just chop and fry some veggies, add eggs, milk, and cheese and ta da! Dinner is served! I’m sharing this basic recipe, but feel free to mix things up with whatever veggies you have and whatever cheese you like!
Easy oven baked frittata (omquitatta) recipe
- 250 g chard and 250g mushrooms or any vegetables and leftovers you have in the fridge
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- 200 g cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas mark 5
- Fry any raw ingredients and remove excess water from leafy vegetables afterwards (e.g. chard, cabbage, spinach) if using. You can do this my squeezing with your hands or pushing the water out against a sieve.
- Put into a casserole dish.
- Whisk the eggs together and add the milk
- Add the cheese to the mixture, you can reserve some cheese for sprinkling on the top.
- Put it into the oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Slice into 6 pieces and serve.