I was given some sausages from Grandad’s Sausages and they are really amazing. I really recommend trying them as they don’t skimp on flavours and the sausages remain moist after cooking! They are based locally in Bury too! Support local!
To celebrate British Sausage Week, I’ve created a quick and easy dish for the cold weather we’ve been having. I’ve also used the kale I got from my vegetable box to create this healthy dish.
- 1 pack of sausages, I've used Grandad's Sausages Pork and Leek ones
- 1 onion, cubed
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 500ml chicken stock
- 250g quinoa
- 150g kale or spinach
- Black pepper to taste
- Parmesan (optional)
- Cook the sausages (I used a pot since I'll be cooking everything else in it, you can grill yours if you prefer). Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Fry the onions for a few minutes until brown.
- Add the sausages, cherry tomatoes and sage, fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the stock to the pot, then the quinoa. Cook the quinoa until it's translucent.
- Stir in the kale.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Serve with some parmesan on top if using.